Things To Do
- Walks & Beaches: There are wonderful coastal walks and beaches surrounding St Mawes. Some include: Carne beach, Pendower beach, Towan beach, Porthcurnick beach. Most beaches are closed for dogs between Easter and October.
- Restaurants/Pubs: The Tresanton Hotel, The Idle Rocks, St. Mawes Hotel, The Watch House, Chandlers (Deli & coffee), slightly further afield are The Roseland Inn in Philleigh, Driftwood and The Hidden Hut near Porthcurnick Beach, and The Nare Head Hotel at Carne beach, The Rising Sun, The Victory in St.Mawes, Roseland Inn at Phileigh, Kings Head at Ruan Lanihorne, Plume of Feathers in Portscatho.
- Activities in St.Mawes: Tennis court, children’s playground, forest walk and skate park. Kayak and paddle boarding rental, fishing trips, sailing boat hire, sailing lessons, windsurfing, harbour trips by RIB
- Things to do in the area: St. Just in Roseland Norman Church and grounds, St. Anthony’s Head & lighthouse (Place Ferry can take passengers across to the lighthouse footpath), Ferry to Falmouth, Falmouth Maritime Museum, St. Mawes Castle, local Gardens (various), theatres, art galleries in St. Ives, The Seal sanctuary at Gweek, The Ships & Castles leisure centre/indoor pool in Falmouth, the Owl sanctuary to name but a few.
- Local shops: Butcher, baker, deli, Post Office, Co-op (open until 10pm).
The Eden Project – A world famous visitor attraction and one of the most premier sites in Cornwall just 45 minutes from Corner Cottage. Inside the two biomes are plants that are collected from many diverse climates. A great attraction for all the family.
The Lost Gardens of Heligan – Another great attraction of worldwide recognition. Situated near Mevagissey in Cornwall just 35 minutes from Corner Cottage. A popular botanical garden typical of the 19th century ‘Gardenesque’ style.
BOOKING YOUR STAY
Click here to check availability.